Louis Lehr Scholarship
The Louis Lehr Scholarship Fund has been established by agreement between Louis Lehr (donor) and the University Foundation.
The amount of the Louis Lehr Scholarship is as follows:
$1500 to recipient with male freshman standing and $1500 to recipient with male sophomore class standing or above who is awarded a renewal under this Scholarship Fund, providing that no recipient shall receive this Scholarship for more than four years.
All Scholarships awarded shall be for one academic year but may be renewed upon satisfactory progress by the recipient.
Students meeting the following criteria shall be eligible for this Scholarship:
- Recipients must be enrolled at or intending to enroll at any campus of the University (Lincoln, Kearney, Omaha, or Curtis).
- Recipients shall have freshman class standing, providing however, that recipients may apply for renewal of this Scholarship in the amount of $1500.
- Recipients shall be male graduates of Elgin Public High School or Pope John Central Catholic High School or any successor secondary school or either named school.
Application and requirements are asap.
Applicants should complete the scholarship application, including requirements, and mail to:
83424 516 Ave.
Elgin, NE 68636
Application Packet Requirements:
1. Completed application
2. Two letters of recommendation from:
a. One businessman or woman
b. One school professional
3. Essay of between 300-500 words entitled "The American in Today's World."
4. Transcript of grades
5. Copy of acceptance at any University campus
6. Family financial statement (may be enclosed in a sealed envelope).