Sydney Loofe Scholarship
Deadline: April 25, 2022 by 5:00 PM
Eligibility & Dates
Applicants to the Sydney Loofe Memorial Scholarship must:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Eligible High Schools: Nebraska High Schools (Public, Private or Exempt)
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning that will make an impact on the community in the interest of safety, and the desire to protect the vulnerable in the areas of:
- Countering human trafficking
- Online safety
- Cyber security
This list is not a list of degrees or majors, however a list of areas that the degree will make an impact. This list is not comprehensive and can be done in a number of ways. The individual must be able to demonstrate in their essay how their degree can make a difference in the lives of others.
- Deadline: April 25, 2022 by 5:00 PM - WE WILL ANNOUNCE A WINNER MAY 2022
- Award Amount: $4000
How To Apply
The application can be downloaded with the link in the top right corner. Directions on how to submit the application will be enclosed.
- Submission may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format or via snail mail at 11620 M Circle Omaha, Nebraska 68137.
- All materials must come in one email or one envelope.
- Students should attach their resume. Optional additional attachments of activities page or list of awards is also accepted.
- Students should attach their transcript.
- A complete application will include a cover page with name, school, desired undergraduate degree, email address and home address.
- Please pay attention to the essay guidelines, as described on the application.
1. Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, coach or supervisor.
2. A completed application form. The scholarship will be awarded in May 2022. Application includes essay questions:
• About your specific achievement that sets you apart for this scholarship
• How your degree of choice will make impact on your community and/or the lives of others.
• What will this degree enable you to do for your community?
• Tell about your leadership ability in student and/or community service and achievements that set you apart. • Who is your biggest role model and why?
• Why is Sydney Loofe’s story (available on our website) important to you?
The scholarship will be awarded in May 2022. The Set Me Free Project will hold a celebratory event to award the scholarship recipient. Family and friends are welcomed.
The Set Me Free Project will hold a celebratory event to award the scholarship, and the student receiving the scholarship should attend. The scholarship will be awarded in May 2022. The Set Me Free Project will hold a celebratory event to award the scholarship recipient. Family and friends are welcomed.
Application can be found by clicking link below for Microsoft Word version and/or by accessing the PDF on the the following link: https://www.setmefreeproject.net/scholarship
Applications are due April 25, 2022 by 5:00 PM
Mail complete application package to:
The Set Me Free Project
11620 M Circle
Omaha, NE 68137
Or email your complete application to: Info@setmefreeproject.net
AboutSydney Loofe Scholarshi
Sydney Loofe was raised in Neligh, Nebraska. She moved to Lincoln, Nebraska after high school. When she didn’t show up to work one day, her co-workers became worried and reported her absence. This was the day after she went on a date from Tinder. Her body was found in a rural area in Clay County 19 days after she was reported missing. Sydney, the crystal-blue eyed girl with the soft heart, who was just 24 years old, was taken from this earth on November 16, 2017. George & Susie Loofe, Parents of Sydney, decided to partner with us and advocate for the cause to prevent situations like this from happening. Our goal is to teach the community how to recognize when there could be malicious intent involved when communicating with others. This scholarship is presented by The Set Me Free Project in honor of Sydney Loofe and her family.