2023 Nancy Lehr Scholarship
2023 NANCY LEHR SCHOLARSHIP FUND for $1,500
The Nancy Lehr Scholarship Fund has been established by agreement between Lewis Lehr (donor) and
the University of Nebraska Foundation.
The amount of the Nancy Lehr Scholarship is as follows:
$1,500 to recipient with freshman class standing and $1,500 to recipient with sophomore class
standing or above, who is awarded a renewal under this Scholarship Fund, providing that no recipient
shall receive this Scholarship for more than four (4) years.
All Scholarships awarded shall be for one (1) academic year but may be renewed upon satisfactory
progress by the recipient.
1. Recipients shall be female graduates of Pope John Central Catholic High School or Elgin Public
High School or any successor secondary school of either named school.
2. Recipients must be enrolled at or intending to enroll at any campus of the University (Lincoln,
Kearney, Omaha, Curtis.)
3. Recipients shall have college freshman class standing, providing however, that recipients may
apply for renewal of this Scholarship in the amount of $1,500.
APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS
1. Completed Application form.
2. Two (2) letters of recommendation:
a. One (1) from a business man or woman.
b. One (1) from a school professional.
3. Essay of between 300 to 500 words entitled “The American Woman in Today’s World”.
This essay should include the applicant’s ideas on how women can affect the world and how the
applicant plans to effect the world.
4. Transcript of high school grades.
5. Copy of acceptance at any campus of the University (Lincoln, Kearney, Omaha, Curtis).
6. Applicants full name on each page of packet.
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY TUESDAY, APRIL 4, 2023
Completed applications can be sent to: Verona Henn, PO Box 94, Elgin NE 68636
They can also be hand delivered at Central Valley Ag, downtown location, Maple Street in Elgin.