Agenda of Regular Meeting
August 15, 2019
To: Members of the Board of Education, District #18 Antelope County
From: Dan Polk, Superintendent
Re: Tentative Agenda for the August Meeting
Mtg. Date: Thur. August 15th, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. in Distance Learning Room.
- Open meeting
- Roll Call of Members
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Announce Posting of Open Meetings Law
- Minutes of Previous Meeting
- Adopt the Agenda
- Financial Report
- Board Bills
- Reports of Standing Committees
- Report of Principal/AD---Extra duties review
- Superintendent’s Report
b.projects and summer work,
- Approve transfer of funds to lunch.
- Approve Mike Pommer as auditor for 2020.
- Approve second reading policies that are recommended by NASB to adhere to unicameral law.
- Approve construction of shelter for Eagle’s nest.
- Water source for practice field
- Approve/recognize the EEA as the official bargaining group for negotiations
18. Teacher contract procedure/resignation
19. Set next regular meeting AND hearings (budget and levy -- to be during meeting)
A current copy of the meeting agenda is available in the superintendent’s office. The agenda shall not be altered within 24 hours of the meeting unless the item is of an emergency nature. Agenda items may be moved around within the meeting at the preference and discretion of the board of education.
For a board to have a “closed” session a majority of voting members must vote for the session and it must be clearly necessary for either:
- .Protection of the public interest; or,
- The prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual, and if the individual has not requested a public meeting.